Saturday, September 24, 2011

Priorities

So...I wanted a new pole caddy.  No, no...not a guy to carry around my 'pole' for dancing but a shower pole caddy...you know for your shower goodies??  Get the mental picture of me pole dancing out of your little heads.  (Although I've heard it's great exercise.)  I bought a cheap pole caddy at Target when we moved into the new house and after 2 weeks, it was full of rust.  I've been doing my research and I decided on the "Rust Proof OXO Lift & Lock Pole Caddy".  I actually decided on this one a long time ago, but it was so expensive.  I've been trying to justify the cost for 2 months.  It's $129.99!  That's big bucks.   I finally told myself I was going to order it this weekend on Amazon...period.  But on my weekly trip to BB&B, there it was...the Rust Proof Super Duper Lift & Lock I had been dreaming of since the rust first reared it's ugly head on my cheap Target pole.  And I had a 20% off one item coupon at BB&B, so I snagged it.  I wish I could say it went up easily and I was enjoying the many pleasures of having our shower products neatly organized...but that's not the case.  It did go up easy enough; but I wanted to change the position and when I tried to re-position it in a different corner, the locking mechanism wouldn't work.  So, I run to the computer and Google OXO's customer service.  However after explaining my problem in detail, I realized it was 8:00 pm in PA and I wouldn't get a reply until Monday.  Then I remember overhearing the clerk at BB&B tell another customer that everything purchased in the store has a life-time guaranty.  (News to me.)  So I call the store and tell 'Melissa' what happened and she says"bring it back and we'll give you a new one."  So...that pole is going back to the store on Monday and I'm going to try it again.  This time I know where to put it.

My story has a point...I've wasted 2 months trying to talk myself into spending $129.99 $103.99 on a useful item that should last me 5-10 years, but I think nothing of spending $5.00 on a Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt that lasts 15 minutes tops...not once this week...but twice!!  Priorities.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment