Sunday, September 18, 2011

Too many birthdays!

Ok, we're deep into September and knee-deep in birthdays!  As I've previously stated I have 27 September birthdays of family and friends.  It's crazy!  Oh those cold December nights.  My daughter-in-law Russett is 40 today.  She lives in Wyoming and is a Special Education teacher.  We are celebrating Tina, Richard & Bailey tonight...wish Adrian was here.  Dinner at 5:00!  I better get going...but first...

Grandpa has been busy this weekend building a swing set for our little grandkids.  (Hey...Cristian and Adrian will be here this weekend w/o parents and for a week in October.  We had to arm ourselves with something of interest to them!)  It turned out really nice too.  I think it took about 12 hours to build and he did it all by himself!  Of course, I supplied plenty of  1/2 & 1/2.  (Iced tea and Lemonade!  I learned yesterday that is called an Arnold Palmer.  All these years, I thought an Arnold Palmer was an alcoholic drink.  Oh well.  That's our new favorite drink.)

SS was sure good today.  We're studying the Book of Ruth.  What a great lesson on commitment.  I also heard a new song this week on KLOVE by Amy Grant and Nicole Nordeman called "I'm With You".  http://youtu.be/UW4r72nJObw  It's a song about commitment and I just saw on You Tube that someone put pictures of Naomi and Ruth on the video screen...it's good.  Take a listen.

Ok...gonna go out and take a picture of the new swing set and try to post it.

1 comment: